Thursday, August 5, 2010

Meet the Family

My husband Dan is the love of my life. It took forever (well it seemed like forever) to meet him, but once I did I knew we were supposed to be together.  Dan works at a small Electrical contractor as an estimator right now.  Although he would like to move to a bigger company and work once again as a Project Manager, we feel blessed that during these times he has a job that pays the bills.  After a surprise hospitalization, major surgery and diagnosis of cancer this summer, Dan is doing very well. He is healing well and will start a chemotherapy treatment called Gleevec in the near future. We expect for him to make a full recovery.

I am Jennifer and the only female in this house of testosterone!  I have been a stay-at-home Mom since Peter was born. Although I absolutely love that job, it is the hardest job I have ever had.  I also work part-time as a Parent Educator for the Parents as Teachers program in our district. Because of the times and financial budget cuts to our program I will also be substitute teaching this year.  

We have three boys, Nick, Peter and David.  Needless to say our house is very rarely quiet or boring. That is unless you ask Peter on a day I won't let him play the Wii. Then its the most boring place ever.
Our oldest is Nick. He was 3 years old when Dan and I met and as cute as could be.  He is now 12 and approaching the teen years. I can not say I am really looking forward to having a teenageer in the house but I am optimistic because Nick is a really good kid.  Nick started in Middle School last year and is doing well. Because of his friendly disposition, he has adjusted well and has many friends.  I think the highlight of Sixth grade was his trip to Camp in the Sping.  He spent a week away from home, bonding with his classmates.  Nick is also involved in Boy Scouts and wants to one day achieve his Eagle Scout Ranking.

Peter is almost seven years old and we are currently planning his Pirate -theme birthday party. He has started First grade now and absolutely loves it. He is so excited about everything in life.  Sometimes his enthusiasm is exhausting. He is looking forward to starting Cub Scouts now that he is in 1st grade. He is also very interested in swimming (maybe we have the next Michael Phelps?).  Unfortuantely he has also discover the world of video games and especially the Wii. On the up side though, he gets more exercise playing video games than most kids get playing a sport!

David is our youngest and definitely can use that to his advantage. He is quite independent when the mood strikes him.  Although he loves the fact that he is old enough to go to Kindergarten this year, he also LOVES to be the baby of the family and have others do things for him.  His teachers and the principal often comment that he walks into the school as if the announce 'I am here, you can start now."  David is an Achondroplastic Dwarf and while his physical development of milestones was somewhat delayed, he is just like other typical five year olds. He favorite things are robots and LEGOS.

I am very blessed to have so many wonderful guys in my life. I thank God everyday for allowing me to be a part of their lives too.

No comments:

Post a Comment